Current line highlight in outline mode?

I wish I had the ability to turn on the current line highlight in outline mode. I use outline mode a lot. I use relatively complete outlines with embedded scene outlines as the outline phase grows to maturity. I sometimes lose my place and wish I could highlight the current line.

I also wish could control the outline font size separately from any other font in the application - either as the font size itself or percentage magnification like in the editor. The latter being preferred. The way it is now, when I go to print the outline so I can review it and scribble notes and arrows all over it, it’s a problem because to be visible to my old eyes, since there is no magnification setting, it has to be a big font size.

Thanks
Fitch

You will find most font settings (and all that pertain to the user interface) in the Appearance preference pane. Every font that is used in the outliner can be adjusted within here.

I’m not sure why you aren’t getting the currently selected outline rows highlighted however. Perhaps you have your System Preferences: General: Highlight Color setting to something very pale?

I’ve tried and tried but can not find a place to turn on current line highlighting in an editor that’s set to view outline mode, the far right choice in the manuscript, note card, outline selection. Please post a picture of the menu choice where that can be turned on.

Thanks
Fitch

There is no menu choice, no settings in Scrivener at all for this in fact. As noted, it is taken from your System Preferences.

You don’t see a selection bar at all when you click on things in the Outliner, or use the arrow keys to select up and down? That is definitely not normal. What about other areas, like the Corkboard? Do you get an outline around the card in a particular colour when it is selected?

I’ll use the interactive tutorial as an example. In the binder I clicked on the “Get Organized” folder in outline mode and see the list of document titles. I clicked on “Editor View Modes” in the outline view and it indeed highlights in a large rectangle. But if I double click inside that large blue rectangle to edit the text inside it, the line I’m editing is not highlighted.

I frequently have a lot of text in the outline setting up the chapter I’m going to write. Often a screen full or more, sometimes several screens full. What I am looking for is the ability to highlight the line within, for example, Editor View Modes, that I am working on so I don’t lose it and have to find it again.

When I’m working in the manuscript view editor, I have a nice highlighted line of text (where I have turned the frame off) which has spoiled me. I’d like to have that capability in outline view when I have a lot of data in the chapter outline.

I don’t think Scrivener has the capability I’m looking for, or I’m missing where it’s turned on.

Does this help understand my question?

Thanks
Fitch