Cursor consistently not visible while typing in Hindi. I did not encounter this problem while typing in English, in a different project

I am encountering a strange problem. I am working on a Hindi project. I click and the insertion point moves to that point. I am able to select text, but I am unable to see the cursor. This is happening consistently. I am unable to see the cursor, even when I switch over to English.
When I close the document, and reopen it, I am able to see the cursor. But as soon as I type the first word in Hindi (Google Input tools), the cursor disappears. Now if I switch over to English in language selector, the cursor remains invisible.
Though I am able to type. This is irritating and a cause of low productivity.
Please help.

Do you have more than one font available that works for your language?
Did you try other fonts?

Thanks Vincent_Vincent
Yes I tried Adobe Devanagari, Arial Unicode MS, Nirmala, and several other Devanagari fonts but without any change in the above mentioned problem.

Have you tried the same in another app like say, LibreOffice? (To narrow down the cause. In this case to know if it originates from within Scrivener or not.)

Yes I write emails in Hindi. I use MS Office programs, particularly Word and Powerpoint. I never encountered such problem. To me this is specific to Scrivener, though I am be wrong.

Is Hindi right to left ?
If so, perhaps it is a resolution issue. (The cursor falling in the cracks… lol)
You could try and make your cursor a tad wider and see if perhaps that kicks it out of it.
Options>Editing>Options — Block insertion point (last checkbox/option at the very bottom)

Make it big. And if that fixes it, yay, go back to the options and make it a decent/usable size.

Hindi is left to right. I have tried the solution that you have suggested, it doesn’t work.

Does it disappear just the same in the synopsis panel and in the notes panel ?

Yes in both panels the behaviour of the cursor is exactly as described above.
" I am able to see the cursor. But as soon as I type the first word in Hindi (Google Input tools), the cursor disappears. Now if I switch over to English in language selector, the cursor remains invisible."

Did you try playing with the cursor settings in Windows settings?
There is an option that adds color dots to it above and below… Perhaps perhaps…?

Type cursor in the search field of Windows settings.
Else, perhaps look for an app like PowerToys that might have a highlight position feature.

P.S. At this stage I am just taking wild guesses.

Best course of actions may very well be to open a support ticket.

In Binder, the cursor is behaving differently. It remains visible throughout, but does not correspond to the insertion point, except when the insertion point is at the end. I mean if I try to add something in the middle the cursor does not correspond to the insertion point.
I will open support ticket, as suggested by you.
Thanks for your indulgence.

As a Mac-user, I can’t really help, but can I point out that Scrivener is Programmed in QT6, so is not Microsoft-native, therefore comparison with Word in particular, and perhaps LibreOffice is not necessarily giving a clue. Could it be an incompatibility between QT6 and Google Input tools?

So do you have or know any other QT6 based app that you can test against? Scapple may be, and I wonder about Affinity Publisher for instance. You could try installing a trial.

:smiley:
Mark