Cursor jumping around in 2.2

This is a minor bug - just an annoyance really.

I’m using V2.2. When in full screen (not composition mode) and typewriter mode, the cursor and text jump around occasionally. It seems to happen most often at the end of a line, but not always. It’s not a constraint on my work as it only happens between keystrokes – it’s just a visual ‘tic’. The jump seems to be between the top third (where I have my typewriter mode setting) and the middle of the screen.

I don’t recall this happening in 2.1, and it doesn’t seem to happen when not in full screen.

Nothing has changed in 2.2 in this regard - there have been no changes at all to typewriter mode or to the editor, so it’s unlikely that anything in 2.2 is the cause. Could you take a video to show the effect please?
Thanks!
All the best,
Keith

Keith, video at http://vimeo.com/32600379 (password ‘latte’).

This is a sporadic issue: I can’t replicate it even in other Scrivener projects. (So it’s not a high priority)

David

Hmm, curious - it looks as though, when resizing things after the text moves down to the next line, it is still setting it to be halfway down the screen, then snapping back to a third of the way down. I assume you have “Typewriter scroll line” set to “Top third of screen” in your Editor preferences, is that right?

I can’t reproduce it after a quick test, although that’s not surprising if it is only sporadic, but there’s nothing obviously wrong in the code, either. I’ll need to take a deeper look at it - if you find any triggers, I’d be grateful.

Thanks and all the best,
Keith

Hi again David,

I did find a bug in typewriter scrolling, although I’m not 100% sure this will fix your problem. Please try downloading the updated beta and let me know if it helps at all:

https://forum.literatureandlatte.com/t/scrivener-2-x-update-betas-download-here/11262/1

Thanks and all the best,
Keith

Keith,

Since that update I haven’t noticed any more jumping around so perhaps it did fix it after all.

Kind regards,
David