Cursor/scroll position gets forgotten in later parts of some documents

Hi! Am new to using Scrivener and have been enjoying it so far, but I just ran into a strange and mildly annoying bug.

In my Draft folder I have several files(documents?); when I move between them, usually Scrivener remembers my last cursor/scroll position in all the docs, which makes it easy to jump around between them (and is one of the main feature I got Scrivener for.)

However, I have a document now that it only remembers the scroll position up to a certain point in the document, and cannot remember past it. If the cursor is positioned anywhere past a certain point (it’s about at the 6K word mark, in a chapter about 6.5K long) then when I change between docs, the doc is always scrolled to that point.

So if I have the cursor in the middle of chapter 1, then switch to chapter 3, then go back to chapter 1, chapter 1 is scrolled to right where I left it. BUT, if I have the cursor on the last sentence of chapter 1, then switch to chapter 3, then go back to chapter 1, chapter 1 is scrolled up several pages earlier.

The actual cursor position it does remember – if I press win+[ to change the focus to the doc, and then start typing, the document will jump to where the cursor is, at the bottom. But it only scrolls there automatically if the cursor was placed somewhere before that magic point.

Is this because of some limit of how long chapters can be, or what?