Custom layouts not responding

For the first time since Scrivener 3 was released, I’ve tried using Layouts. I had 2 custom presets saved from before: a standard default for writing, and the page view (2 pages across) for proofing. I realise I can swap between these two settings by doing Shift + Alt + Cmd + P. But I’m curious why in V.3 I can’t use Layouts to save the page view as a custom layout.

I’ve tried deleting my layouts and creating them fresh, but it makes no difference. When I click the layouts drop-down and select either of my custom layouts (page view or my default), neither works. If I’m in a standard writing layout, it remains as such; if I’ve manually switched to page view and I click my default, it remains as page view. So it seems like there’s something wrong with the custom settings. (The built-in layouts work but I don’t find as much use for them at this time).

Am I just being silly and missing something? Not a biggie – as I said, the keyboard shortcut works fine, I just wondered if I was doing something wrong. Thanks. :slight_smile:

There were a few things that were removed from the remit of Layouts (and some things added as well), and Page View was one of the removed. The reasoning behind that decision is that the feature itself is, like the main application toolbar, more of a personal preference that transcends the workspace, rather than a fundamental component of the workspace. If you don’t agree, like you say there is the shortcut, sorry for the inconvenience!

I haven’t played with the other layouts much to know if they’d be useful to me personally, but you answered my question, thanks! Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something obvious!