Customize Chaptering

For some reason after compiling the files for my book it is chaptering in a way that I did not intend. I have Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3 to my book which all have there own chapters. For example:

Part One
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3

Part Two
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3…

Am I able to do this with Scrivener? If so I would appreciate any guidance. Thanks.

Yes, this is possible. You’ll want to go over §22.8 “Formatting” in the user manual (pg. 201). This describes how you can style the outline when compiling, and part of that includes being able to insert the Binder name for items into the text, and adding a prefix or suffix to these titles in such a way that a folder at “level 1” beneath the Draft folder will have one suffix, and a folder at level 2 or greater will have another suffix (and style). If you’d like to see a working example that we’ve put together for the Part/Chapter structure, create a temporary project using the “Novel (with Parts)” template and examine its Formatting compile settings. The “Non-Fiction (with Sub-Heads)” template might also be useful if you need sectional numbering.

Thanks Amber! This will aid me in my journey.