Customizing the size of the Paragraph indentation.

Hi all,

Sorry, it’s me again! I’m really not as daft as I must come across as being, with all these ‘simple’ questions! I think (hope) this is my last query about Scrivener for Windows!

As the subject suggests, I don’t know how to change the size of the paragraph indentation. I’ve tried ‘Page Setup’ but that doesn’t let me do anything (it says, ‘Unable to find a valid printer’). I’ve also tried numerous other things and looked through the manual but couldn’t find anything that answered my question.

Can anybody help me?

To do this on a page by page basis and for pages that already exist, click “Format > Show Ruler”. The program will display a ruler above the document where you can set indents, tabs and margins by dragging the sliders or left-clicking in the ruler.

To make new pages use a given indent-tab-margin scheme, click “Tools > Options > Editor” and manipulate the ruler there.

If you want to format multiple existing “files”, set up the desired format under “Tools > Options > Editor”, select the “files” you want to format (Ctrl+A to select all - Ctrl+Click to manually select “files”), then click “Documents > Convert > Formatting to Default Text Style”.