Daily Word Count

Is there a way to get a Daily Word Count? I know there are Project word counts, file word counts, session words counts and such, but is there a way for me to see how much I have done in a day? I usually set daily targets and want to meet them and it can be done in multiple sessions. Doesn’t matter.

Also, is there a way to report and/or view on the session words counts from past sessions? Or does it only do a per session count?

Thanks

Leanne

Leanne,

I’m not sure if this is what you are asking, but when you go to Project > Show Project Targets there is an “options…” button that takes you to a box where you can select options for when the “session” gets reset. It can be every night at midnight, whenever you close your project, open it, etc. Hopefully one of those will get you what you need.

On the mac, we have those options (to reset at midnight and the like), so they will be coming to Windows eventually. No idea when though. At that point, your progress for your session target will be preserved on closing Scrivener. That will make Session Target progress show you how much you’ve written that day.

If you want to track your progress over time, you’ll have to keep up with it in a spreadsheet or something. I do that myself, just using the total word count of my project and let the spreadsheet calculate the difference since my last entry. You can keep such a spreadsheet in your research folder (or really anywhere other than your Draft folder), and can even include it in a custom project template.

Really? There is an options button under Project Targets?
I looked for it but I didn’t find it…
Are you sure you’re not thinking of the Mac version?