Death by compiling! ;-)

I have everything formatted and laid out the way I want it. I need help to fix one issue.

I want to have each Chapter Title on a page, by itself, before the text for that chapter. Everything looks good except that, no matter which section layout I choose, the first line of each chapter is being displayed in the Table of Contents. How do I stop this from happening?

For Example:

CONTENTS

Chapter One - How Not To Go Crazy Compiling Your Book :wink:
While compiling your book in Scrivener, you may find yourself wondering why you can write an excellent book but cannot easily compile the book …
Chapter Two - Is "Crazy Overstating It?
Take some time to reflect. Are you really going crazy? …

I only want the Chapter X - XXXXX to be displayed.

The ToC used the titles in the Binder when you created it.
Or are you compiling to epub or mobi? If so, it automatically uses the Binder titles.

I am compiling for mobi. I have the Headings and Chapter Titles as folders. The content of each chapter in documents in their respective Chapter Title folders.

Now, I have followed the instructions for manually creating the TOC selecting only the Chapter Headings(folders) and still the @#$@#$ $ app is including the first line of text in the TOC.

This is ridiculous. In Scrivener, the TOC displays what I want it to but in Kindle Previewer the other text is being added.

For some reason, I can compile successfully if I paste as Structured Link List but not as TOC.

==============

I thought I had solved the problem but, now, when I compile I a getting the Kindle Creation Failed alert. ???

From the log:
Warning(prcgen):W30007: Epub navigation file does not follow the specification. Please refer to Kindle Publishing Guidelines about usage of EPUB3 Navigation support. The element must be followed by an

ordered list in file: /private/var/folders/0f/hd01f1v544b43d38ffpzk_500000gp/T/EBOOK_TEMP/Be Cool/contents.xhtml line: 11
    Error(prcgen):E24012: Epub Navigation file could not be built.

It’s impossible to guess what’s happening when we don’t have a clue about how your Binder is structured, what the titles are, what section layout you’ve chosen, etc. And creating a mobi file can be done in several ways, and also checking it can be done in more than one way.

Without details about what you’ve done, exactly, it’s impossible to guess what’s happening.

I explained the structure here:
" I have the Headings and Chapter Titles as folders. The content of each chapter in documents in their respective Chapter Title folders."

Thus,
Chapter 1 (folder)
… Content 1 (document)
Chapter 2
… Content 2

The … indicates that the document is nested within the folder.

I have everything, including the cover, ready to go and Kindle Previewer has found no quality issues. I would prefer to have the TOC with page numbers. Otherwise, my book is structured, formatted, etc and ready for pubication.

================
Tried again. This is the log:
Info(prcgen):I1002: Parsing files 0000042
Warning(inputpreprocessor):W29004: Forcefully closed opened Tag:

in file: /private/var/folders/0f/hd01f1v544b43d38ffpzk_500000gp/T/EBOOK_TEMP/XXXX/body1.xhtml line: 0000019
Warning(inputpreprocessor):W29004: Forcefully closed opened Tag:
in file: /private/var/folders/0f/hd01f1v544b43d38ffpzk_500000gp/T/EBOOK_TEMP/XXXX/body1.xhtml line: 0000021
Info(prcgen):I1015: Building PRC file
Info(prcgen):I1006: Resolving hyperlinks
Info(prcgen):I1008: Resolving start reading location
Warning(prcgen):W30007: Epub navigation file does not follow the specification. Please refer to Kindle Publishing Guidelines about usage of EPUB3 Navigation support. The element must be followed by an

ordered list in file: /private/var/folders/0f/hd01f1v544b43d38ffpzk_500000gp/T/EBOOK_TEMP/XXXX/contents.xhtml line: 71
    Error(prcgen):E24012: Epub Navigation file could not be built.
    Info(prcgen):I1016: Building enhanced PRC file
    Info(prcgen):I1007: Resolving mediaidlinks
    Info(prcgen):I1011: Writing mediaidlinks
    Info(prcgen):I1009: Resolving guide items
    Info(prcgen):I1038: MOBI file could not be generated because of errors!