Dedicated pirate buys Scrivener license

– Because your program is worth it!

I can’t write with any other program now. Thank you for the greatest writers’ word processor for any OS!

Yaarrrrrr!

:slight_smile:

I always first use a pirated copy, if the software works the way I expect it to, and works well, I register it, BBEdit, Yojimbo, Transmit, and a host of others. The good thing I have found, is that there is a wealth of good software out there, and I really like to support the programmers who do the work.

I just reuse to buy a pig in the poke. Sort of like music, I download thousands of tracks of music, find the stuff I like and then buy it. One thing I do do though, is that I do not keep anything I don’t eventually pay for. If it isn’t good enough to pay for, it is not good enough to keep.

I was thinking more like Scrivenarrrggghhh… :smiley:

I knew from just one week using it unregistered that it was worth my money :slight_smile:

Pretty much the same for me. I was searching for writing software within MacUpdate and, pretty much, every piece of software was accompanied by a message, from Lord Lightning. In each case, Lord Lightning was proclaiming the superiority of Scrivener, so I headed over here, and by god was he right. I should thank him actually.

So if you’re listening, Lord Lightning, thanks. :smiley:

Same here.
From my point of view, Scrivener was a significant evolution from Copywrite (which was top of class software when I very happily started using it in Dec 2004). Copywrite has a powerful feature set, no question about and Scrivener appears to owe a debt to it – which Keith acknowledges openly. (I like him for doing that.)

I knew as soon as I used Scrivener – within minutes – that it addressed some of my ‘issues’ with Copywrite – the most instantly attractive feature was the much more flexible binder organisation – allowing me to drag and drop to re-order, arrange folders and subfolders – I was like a pig in clover! (In Copywrite I ended up numbering the documents in the ‘browser’ so I could change their order… not nearly as good, but better than anything I’d used until then… I’ll always have a soft spot for Copywrite. We’ve sweated together).

Edit Scrivenings was an idea I didn’t know I couldn’t live without until I used it, and the multimedia/file format capabilities are coooool. (A little like Devonthink, which I also use a lot – a great ‘data’ repository but a bit clunky for writing).
For me, Scriv’s corkboard (or is cockboard these days?) is a serious goody for re-ordering/tweaking, the outliner not so much my style (as someone on this forum pointed out, once you start to see the binder itself as an outliner it’s all you need). I brainstorm with mindmaps in Novamind and import the rtf export into Scriv.

I’ve never used script mode or multi-markdown, yet I enjoy reading those discussions on this forum. Project notes/Doc notes are good things I grew dependent on in Copywrite.
After the properly implemented hierarchical and super-flexible binder, for me the killer features of Scriv are the combination of ‘Split with selection as title’ combined with ‘Edit Scrivenings’. These two met my needs in a way nothing else has. Wow.
Full screen view has been implemented with real class, and this new feature of synopsis-visible-in-inspector-in-full-screen, well, what can I say? How did you know, Keith? How did you know?

And as for this forum – double wow. It can be the devil’s candy when I’m supposed to be on project but, seriously, genuinely, what a great bunch of people drift through here on a regular basis. The good-humour and supportive ‘ecology’ is just a delight.

My next book (I commissioned, compiled and edited it, co-writing sections with some contributors) is at the printers now. I have that light-hearted giddiness that follows the heavy-chested late nights… and the self-doubt and despair (too strong a word) one feels as you find an error that’s slipped past three sets of copyeditors and proofers’ eyes - two examples: downtown for downturn (eek), and (do you believe this?) ‘piece of mind’ instead of ‘peace of mind’.

Although I started this book in Copywrite, I transferred it (‘imported’ I guess) into Scriv when I got it in March 2007 and instantly felt the power and acceleration this fine software delivers. Others have spoken about being re-energised as writers by the Scrivener software. I know just what they mean.

Er, it rocks! Thanks Keith!

Peter A
Powerbook G4 1.5 Ghz, Scriv 1.11b3, Apple 23" Cinema Display

(PS I LOVE the binder icon. Makes me smile. And the typewriter one, too, which I just put there for decoration since I leave typewriter scrolling on 24/7)

Me, too, on both counts! Mind you, I once downloaded a freeware app for no obvious reason other than that I wanted a cute little pink piggy icon in my dock :slight_smile:

I lasted less than two days before caving in and parting with my cash. I nearly bought Scrivener within an hour and a half of my initial download, but thought I’d better wait for a token interval in case it was the Pinot Grigio leading me astray. :slight_smile:

you`re way beyond help :frowning: jeeezzz!!

Thank you all - especially Peter for such a great testimonial. I’m starting the day (at 11.30am, I admit - hey, I get a lie-in on Saturdays :slight_smile: ) with a smile on my face.
Thank you.
Keith

Its the dicounts, Capn sir! They`s all want dicounts!! :open_mouth:

rat

Will sombody kindly point out to Pink, that were already aware of her limitations. She doesnt have to advertise the fact it took her seven sodding days, to figure out she was on a winner. …strooth!!

Keith, may I punch him, or is that against forum policy?

Can I watch? :smiley:

Elditch, course y can :smiling_imp:

Pink,
Sod policy!:smiley: when you do it, will you wear a seethrough basque, black nylons with susses as well as those six inch black open toed stilettos you were telling me about :smiling_imp:

This is gonna finish me off, but what a way to go.

Ready when you are Pinkie :smiling_imp:
vic x x x x

Elditch
Sun glasses may not be enough. Better wear sun block as well
vic

You think? :open_mouth: Wow, this sounds good. Is there a set safe distance?