default 'include in draft'

Hi
I have seen someone else say this but wanted to add my voice - i wish there were a way to turn off ‘incude in draft’ as a default. i’m just starting a second draft of my novel & had imported the first draft, split it into scenes etc to refer to as i start round two. i want to use project statistics to tell when how many words i’ve written today on just the new, second draft. in order to only see stats for my new work i had to go and de-tick around 80 docs. the child docs in a folder were still being counted when i de-selected the main folder.
sorry if i’ve just missed something obvious & there is a easy, non-manual way of doing this. i love using scrivener & am grateful for the beta, that’s why i am willing to do things manually. but i just wanted to say that this default doesn’t suit the way i work & i am not looking forward to reworking my other big docs. and i would love a few more options in the project stats, incidentally. a ‘daily word count’ and choice as to which docs this refers to would be ace.
Thanks

You shouldn’t have to go through and click on every one - you should be able to select the entire folder in the outliner and Alt-click on tickboxes for this to switch them all off instantly. Unfortunately at the moment the outliner is using “true/false” pop-ups which should be changed before release, so this will be made easier soon. So this is just a limitation of the beta, sorry.

EDIT: Actually, there is a way to do it currently, too: Go to the Contents pane of Compile, select the folder with the contents you don’t want included, and Alt-click on an “Include” checkbox to deselect all.

All the best,
Keith

That’s great Kevin - thanks loads for your reply.

Glad it helped, although I’m confused about this Kevin person who keeps taking credit. :slight_smile:

You know that moment in Galaxy Quest when Alan Rickman saves the Thermians from suffocation and as he parades proudly into the room the Thermians all gasp about the absent Tim Allen, “He has saved us! Commander Taggart has saved us!”?

It’s like that. It just isn’t fair.

And he’s British, too! :slight_smile:

And I love that movie. :slight_smile:

Damn! Sorry Keith!
keithkeithkeithkeith
Sorry. :smiley:
R

I’m used to it (hence the signature). :smiley: