I’ve been using the Scrivener Windows beta since it was released, but I’ve only had this problem the last few days. I’ll be typing along, and suddenly the words won’t show up for 10-20 seconds or more. If I wait they suddenly pop in, but it’s extremely aggravating and is about to push me away from Scrivener.
I turned off spellcheck the first week, and I’ve since turned off everything that might be interrupting my typing flow like checking capitals in sentences, etc. It doesn’t seem to matter how long the file I’m working in is; I broke all my chapters up into scenes and I’ve had this happen on the first line of a new scene. I’ve also tried restoring my preferences to the default settings; no luck.
My total project runs to about 3,300 words at the moment, but that shouldn’t matter. I hope.
I think I have the latest install (didn’t see an About under Help, so not positive) and I’m using Windows XP with all the updates.