Detachable "View Document"

While working through your tutorial, I am constantly plagued by switching back and forth from the view document mode, where the instructions are, and other windows (Cork board, outline, other items in the binding, etc. I have a second monitor where I could put the “view Document” window if it were detachable. That way I could see the instructions and what it is referring to at the same time.

Detachable editor windows are something on the todo list, it isn’t implemented yet. However for now you might benefit from learning how to use the history. I believe it is briefly discussed in step 2, in the header bar section. The navigation arrows are described where you can go back and forth in history. There are keyboard shortcuts for these functions as well, if you prefer that. Ctrl-[ and ] will go back and forward in history respectively—just like a web browser.

And you can split the editor, too, of course. QuickReference panels (separate windows that can contain documents from the binder) are part of Scrivener 2.0 on the Mac, and will be coming to the Windows version eventually, although perhaps not until its own version 2.0.

All the best,
Keith