Developer questions

Are there scripting commands available on Mac? I’d like to write some scripts that extract selected information from other applications and add to a Scapple page.

Are there any plans to allow active objects in Scapple? An example would be a note that displayed an RSS feed. This could be tied to scripting support also. In pseudo code “Insert X in element Y in file Z”.

Any other developer support anticipated?

Thank you for a great product! I’ve been looking for something like this for a long time.

Hi,

The main scripting available on the Mac is AppleScript, but I’m not sure how much it used these days. Scapple doesn’t support it at the moment, but that doesn’t mean it never will.

There are no plans to add active objects at the moment, no; I’m not entirely sure how that would work. But Scapple was mainly designed for throwing text ideas around.

As for other developer support, well, I haven’t gone anywhere. :slight_smile: I’ll continue to keep Scapple updated and I’ll implement new features that I think will fit while striving to keep it simple.

Thanks for the kind words!

All the best,
Keith