Diacritical characters in exported headers

Hi,

While perhaps not strictly a bug, I just discovered that in the Scrivener 1.11 Compile Draft Text Options, if I enter some text for the header section and export to RTF, the resultant header in W–d or Mellel won’t show Swedish diacritical characters, i.e. Ã¥, ä, and ö. They are replaced by the non-umlaut equivalents a and o. This is on 10.4.10, MBP.

While not a major issue by any stretch of the imagination, it would be nice if a future version would accept diacritical characters here, since I haven’t noticed Scrivener stripping the dots and rings anywhere else.

Incidentally, I’ve just recently started drafting my first major project in Scrivener, and it’s frankly amazing. Think of some feature you’d like, and it’s already there! Scrivener is fast becoming one of my favourite tools, alongside Photoshop, Final Cut and Digital Performer.

Best,

Joey

Ahem…

Keith? Any comment on the above? Did I miss a setting somwhere or do I have to settle for non-Scandinavian characters only in compiled headings?

Best,

Joey

Note that I have been moving the forum and website to a new server over the past few days (see literatureandlatte.com/forum/index.html). I will look at this when I get chance. The forums are technically closed right now. :slight_smile:
Best,
Keith

Bump? :smiley:

Best,

Joey

Can’t promise anything, but I’m hoping to look at headers/footers for 1.2.
All the best,
Keith