Dictionary inside inspector column?

I don’t know if this is a feature or not because I haven’t been able to figure out how to implement it.

I think it would be really neat to have a portion of the inspector column or a separate column devoted to dictionaries/theasaurus/references/etc. I use the Mac version but I often look up the dictionary. So far my method has been to highlight the word and then look up the dictionary or pull up the dictionary app on Mac. This is a little cumbersome if I switch programs often. I know that Word 2003 had a function like there were a column on the side would appear if I searched a word.

I use the Cmd-Alt-D keystroke in every program. Put the cursor on the word (no need to highlight it) and press the keys brings up dictionary definitions very nicely.

The use of Cmd-Alt-D deserves a hat tip to someone here but I can’t remember who it was that first mentioned it.

I second this request. A built-in dictionary would be of great help to us writers. Thanks!

FYI the keyboard shortcut for the dictionary pop-up is Command + Control D (Command + ALT toggles the dock)

Still, built in dictionary would be great, thanks!