Differences between the Mac and Windows versions (3.0)

First of all, congratulations on the Scrivener 3.0 for Windows release! And thank you for the great software over the years.

Will there be an updated list of differences between the Mac and Windows versions of Scrivener, to replace the now out-of-date stickied topic? (https://forum.literatureandlatte.com/t/differences-between-the-mac-and-windows-versions/15517/1)

I know the Mac version uses some built-in macOS features to give functionality that isn’t as easily duplicated in Windows (e.g., the many Linguistic Focus modes). Are there any other major differences? I don’t want to be a buzzkill on release day or anything; I’m just trying to figure out whether I should get Scrivener for my often-used PC or my rarely-used Mac.

Again, thanks for the software!

The short answer is that the two versions are functionally equivalent. There are many small differences; we’ll be providing a list in due time,

The easiest way to decide which version to use is to evaluate the free trials. As the two platforms now use the same project format, it’s not difficult to switch between them.

Katherine

sigh

It figures that one of the features from the Mac I was most looking forward to would be something not easily implemented. :frowning: