Different versions showing in About Scrivener

Hi,

My Windows desktop PC upgraded to version 1.6.2 (released on 31th October - yes, it really said that :laughing: ) last night. This morning I fired up my laptop and that upgraded to 1.6.1. Any idea why that would be the case?

Mark

Hi Mark,

Sorry for the confusion here. We briefly put out a minor update numbered 1.6.2 but it caused some problems for users running the special NaNoWriMo trial, changing the time limit of the trial, so we rolled the 1.6.2 change into a re-release of 1.6.1 to prevent triggering the update for those NaNo users. If you check the About info on 1.6.1 on your laptop, it should also say 31 Oct. (Which is correct for the development time zone. :wink:) Our next update will be numbered to ensure that 1.6.1 and 1.6.2 both see and download it, so you can leave the computers as they are now or update the 1.6.2 machine to 1.6.1, which includes one additional change to fix dragging keywords from the project keywords window directly onto documents in the binder and to the document keyword list in the inspector. If thatโ€™s not a feature you use, you can just wait for the next update to bring the two computers back to the same number.