Disabled Students Allowance+Scriv

SInce I signed a NDA in blood from the feather of a RAVEN I cannot speak of this super secret thing but I can direct you to video proof of the conspiracy. :slight_smile: Pay close attention around 0:20 Camera Guy!
youtube.com/v/NJEKqI1e714&hl=en&fs=1

Yes, Wock, that is very interesting. I now know the ShamWow will be of help if my dog pees on the carpet. Oh, wait, I don’t have carpets! That guy scares me. I’ll have to check it out again when I have time, but really, I think you should just tell us. Easter is a long way away. Besides, I already found the quotes Easter thingy, and you mentioned quotes, so I’m guessing it’s the same one. If not, I’ll go back to being blissfully ignorant. :wink:

Isn’t this story a quote from the script from the 2007 movie Pathfinder, written by Laeta Kalogridis, based on the 1987 screenplay by Nils Gaup?

Actually it dates back much further and some say George Bernard Shaw had this story on the back of his Business cards. “Drum maker Wayne Manthey has a George Bernard Shaw quote on the back
of his business card. It reads, 'A Native American elder once
described his own inner struggles in this manner:…”

famous-quotes.com/topic.php?tid=1074

The Story Orgin is actually unknown but has some many famous references to it and has some variations (mainly between either dogs or wolves)

“The Holy Spirit: Activating God’s Power in Your Life,” by Billy
Graham (1978)

“Experiencing the Soul: Before Birth, During Life, After Death,”
by Eliot Rosen and Ellen Burstyn (1997)

A varaition taught in a Cherokee Baptist CHurch in the late 1950’s

As is often the case with folklore, the true origins of this tale are
uncertain. The story was told by a Native American shaman in the 2003
film “The Missing,” which seems to have given it new life. Wherever it
came from, it is a beautifully concise summation of the human
condition, and its wisdom is meaningful to almost everyone who hears
it.

I think it may have been used in Pathfinder as well :slight_smile:

Wock is quite right. This is much older than 2007. It might have been used in the script, but I first saw this quote way back in the 70s. And Wock is also quite right that it is both beautiful and wise. I know it resonated for me quite powerfully the first time (and each time) I read it. Thanks, Wock, for the bit of history on the quote.