Disappearing snapshots

HI,

I don’t know why, but I have lost a bunch of snapshots on my current WIP. At one point the program made a snapshot for new text whenever it saved. But now it doesn’t. And I seem to have lost the ones that were there. What am I doing wrong? Is there away to get them back?

Thanks for your help,

Claire

The option to take snapshots when you save a file is set on the Scrivener Preferences -> General tab. So the first thing to do is to make sure that box is checked.

I’m not sure why existing snapshots would be missing. It’s possible to delete them, but you’re not likely to do so accidentally. So first make sure that they are indeed gone, by looking at the Document -> Snapshots -> Show Snapshots pane.

If they really are missing, I’ll need to know a little more about your configuration. Are you using any synchronization software, such as Dropbox? Have you, by chance, forked the project, for instance by using the Save As command or by dragging a substantial chunk of it to a new project?

Katherine

Thank you for the reply. Sorry it has take so long to respond. I changed the parameters of the snapshots and will see if that works.

Thank you for explaining that to me. Sometimes I feel like such a Luddite. :laughing:

Claire