Distinguish custom compile presets in "Manage" window

When you go to the Manage Compile Format Presets window (in the Mac version at least), custom compile presets are visually indistinguishable from the built-in ones. It would be helpful if custom presets were highlighted or sorted to the top of the list, so it’s easy to pick out which ones you’ve created yourself.

I’ve solved this by pre-pending .RDG- to mine, but in the Format As drop-down, it already separates “My Formats” from “Predefined Formats”, so it seems redundant. Being able to distinguish them in the manage dialogue would eliminate the need for the “.RDG-” tags.

The built-in formats use a grey font, whereas the custom formats use a black font, so they should already be distinguishable…

:blush: Oh. I… must be black/grey color blind? :laughing:

I didn’t notice that until you pointed it out. Since mine are all grouped because of the prefix, and happen to be separated by a preset that is un-checked, I saw the greyish hue as a “not selected” state, rather than a built-in state.

I’ve given the custom presets a bold font and dimmed the grey of the built-in presets to make it even more obvious in a future version.

What, no blink tags? Blinking presets would definitely help. :stuck_out_tongue:

Rainbow marching ants! That’s what we really need.

Here’s an idea: Nyan cat rainbow highlights. Just borrow the animation and sound from nyan.cat/technyancolor
You’re welcome.

Thanks. I had just managed to get that cat out of my brain from three years ago.

And he’s not even vic-k…

Glad to have helped you refresh your memory. :mrgreen:

Aren’t we all vic-k?

Or am I the only one?

The current question is: What proof exists that we are all not living in a world imagined by vic-k?

That one is the real question.