Dock is blocking compose menu

Hi I’m in Scrivener 2.9.

Is there a way to move the bottom menu in compose mode so that it’s not along the bottom? I cannot use it because my dock pops up and blocks it. I don’t want to change my dock.

There’s no way that I know of to move the “bottom menu”.

If you’re entering Compose Mode from Full Screen view––try after exiting Full Screen view first. I can consistently reproduce the Dock behavior (positive and negative) depending on from which view Compose Mode is initiated. If nothing else, this might be a clue for KB and others.

I’m on a different version of Scrivener than the OP.
Scrivener 3.0.2 (1506)
macOS 10.12.6

[i]Edit to add complete info for my findings:
Added conditions: The Dock is automatically hidden by using the option in System Preferences. When the cursor is moved to the bottom of the Compose ‘page’ the Dock pops up and covers the “bottom menu” if Compose Mode has been entered from Full Screen view. Hide Dock has been chosen in Scrivener Composition Mode > Behaviors

Sorry for the incomplete information. [/i]

For 3.0, there is an option at the bottom of the Behaviors: Composition Mode preference pane that would help you. By default it is set to “Hide Dock” which does as you request. Unfortunately there is nothing along those lines in 2.9.

So with that in mind, to answer your question directly: yes you can move the Dock to the left or right side of the screen. I myself got used to having it on the right side many years ago. I prefer it be auto-hiding at all times because I generally never use it and would prefer more screen space. I find it stays out of the way better along the sides, since more applications tend to put functional buttons along the bottom of window. Dock settings are all located in System Preferences, under Dock.

I apologize for not including the complete conditions to experience the Dock covering the “bottom menu” earlier. I’ve edited the post.

Added conditions: the Dock is automatically hidden by using the option in System Preferences. When the cursor is moved to the bottom of the Compose ‘page’ the Dock pops up and covers the “bottom menu” if Compose Mode has been entered from Full Screen view. Hide Dock has been chosen in Scrivener Composition Mode > Behaviors.