Document background and professional use of Scrivener

Hi everyone,

I run a consulting company that, being in the consulting business, produces quite some documents over time. We are currently using LaTex for project reports and the like. From our experience Word is useless for larger documents. However, I came across scrivener and was amazed by the possibilities to construct late documents with a very user friendly appearance. Since we often distribute reports as PDF we need to include our companies CI document background to the documents. In LaTex it is possible to define pictures as “page wallpapers” and therefore as background. Is there a way to do this in Scrivener?

Thanks and kind regards
Fred

Scrivener is not intended as a page layout program, so (as far as I know) there is no method of setting up a background image for printing.

However, as you are already using Latex, why not have a look at the possibilities of the Scrivener --> Latex workflow using Multimarkdown? That would give you all the page layout power of Latex with the writing power of Scrivener. Personally, I find the combination of programs amazing for turning out long, complicated documents.

Chapter 22 of the Scrivener user guide covers Multimarkdown and for advice there’s the Multimarkdown section of this forum: viewforum.php?f=21