Document Bookmarks

Not sure if this is a feature request or a “I can’t find what I am looking for” situation.

First off - I am loving the newest of Scrivener. The quick reference window, in particular, is a game changer! One thing however, I want to flag as something that I would like to do.

In short, Scrivener distinguishes between document bookmarks and project bookmarks, which is great. However, in general, I very rarely use project project bookmarks - the type of academic writing I do means most of bookmarks are on the document level. With that in mind, I would love to see a toolbar to pop up document bookmarks, the same way there is currently one for project. Alternatively, I was really hoping that the bookmark button in the quick reference would let me navigate between document bookmarks, instead of project. Is this not possible at all? Or am I missing something?

Still, this is a fairly minor thing - I already feel spoilt by the quick reference window!

The toolbar button and Quick Reference sidebar are specifically project bookmark tools. They can’t link up to document bookmarks.

You can however make the Quick Ref window act more like a dedicated bookmark list: in the top-right area of the Quick Reference window you’ll see a label that says “Editor Only”. Click that and switch it to “Bookmarks”. Once you do that you can flip the list horizontal or vertical as you wish. You can drag the slider out so that this list is pretty much all you see—and so in that way you can kind of end up with a document bookmark list window for a specific document.

That’s really true for any of the main inspector panes. If you want to keep a particular document’s Notes field up persistently, while working in other areas of the project, that’s how you would do it.

Ah cool. Yes, that is about 90% what I was looking for (I was somewhat hoping the document bookmarks would open in the same quick reference window, rather than a new one), but I will take it.

Thanks!