Document Names in Binder

When in Screenplay mode, is there a diference in how the “Automatically name untitled text documents” is implemented? In my “prose based” projects, the docs get named based on the first lines of text and I would like this to happen to each scene I create in screenplay mode – which would give the slugline as the name of each doc/scene in the Binder. However, in script mode, this doesn’t seem to happen automatically even though I have that option checked in the preferences.

Let me know if there is a workaround for this, or if I’m doing something wrong which could be the case :smiley:

On a side note, having used it for other writings before, this is my first screenplay in Scrivener and I’m loving how useful it is for adaptation work! Having the option of multiple folders and side by siding of source material with the script doing alternate outlines in separate folders etc. etc. It really is a great tool!

There’s an update, 2.3, that has just gone live, and which fixes this. Go to Scrivener > Check for Updates…

Glad Scrivener is working out well for you, thanks for the kind words!

All the best,
Keith

Great! Will do.

Thanks!