Document sticks while compiling

My wife is working on one of my book documents on her iBook using Scrivener 2.2 (15858). Just today when she went to compile it to see how the layout looks the compile just runs and runs and never completes. (She’d compiled it previously without any issues) It seems to get stuck at the point where the window opens showing the pages that it’s compiling. the progress bar (lower left) just keeps showing the moving ‘candy cane’ appearance.

She’s trying to compile it to a PDF format.

I transferred the file to my Macbook and tried to compile it to a PDF and it worked fine, so I then closed her Scrivener, trashed it and reloaded it on her machine with the dmg file, figuring that would solve it. Nada. Same problem, so here I am. Hope you can help.

BRAD

PS BTW the last couple times I’ve posted here and checked the box “Notify me when a reply is posted” I’ve never gotten a notification. Wondering if that function is inactive??? I’ve checked my spam folder as well but nothing there either. Not a big deal but thought you’d want to know.
wBs

You guys are good! Thanks for quietly going into my wife’s computer during the night and correcting her issue. She was able to compile without an issue this morning.

either that, or she has a self healing ibook. either way, all is working okay at this point.

BRAD

Strange - let me know if it happens again. If it does happen again, take a look in the ~/Library/Application Support/Scrivener/Logs file and open the Console.log file in a plain text editor (such as TextEdit). If it contains anything, paste the contents into your reply. (It will only contain anything immediately after the bug, so there’s no point looking unless it happens again.)

I’m not sure why the notifications aren’t working for you. It’s working as far as I know (sometimes I get notification emails bounced back because of people’s spam blockers, but I haven’t had anything bounced back for a while).

All the best,
Keith

Hi,
I have been having the same problem with Compile sticking when trying to compile for print in one particular project on my MacBook. Other, smaller or newer projects compile for print fine. My console.log looks like this after a failed compile for print:
2012-05-06 21:54:06.112 Scrivener[1336] Could not connect the action takeIntegerValueFrom: to target of class NSTextField
2012-05-06 21:54:26.698 Scrivener[1336] *** -[NSCFArray objectAtIndex:]: index (389) beyond bounds (389)

Weirdly, when I open the same project on a different mac, it compiles for print fine, so that’s what I’ve been doing, but it would be good to know if there is any way to fix this?
best, M

Have you tried the latest beta from the “Beta Testing” section of the forum? If so and that doesn’t help, please drop us a line at mac.support AT literatureandlatte DOT com so that we can look into it.
Thanks!

Thanks, Keith, although the Beta didn’t work for me for some reason, the problem seems to be fixed now, so all is grand. :slight_smile:
M