Document Title Bar

I would love to be able to change the title and location of a document, add tags, etc. from the document title bar. This feature was introduced with Mavericks, I believe, and is available in Pages and other Apple apps. In these apps, you can click on the title of a document, and a “Name: Tags: Where:” window comes up. Though it’s not anything major, it is quite convenient to use and it would be great to see it in Scrivener.

I might be wrong about this, but I don’t believe that window control is available to the type of window a project exists within, but rather windows that open one single document at a time. I have never seen an example that would indicate otherwise, even among programs that do link back to a folder or package on the disk.

There are also issues with just about everything in that panel other than tags. Renaming an open project, moving it to a different folder or locking it would be risky or just boot you out of the project entirely, potentially dumping unsaved changes to recovery files in ~/Documents.

Meanwhile it is pretty easy to get to an open project and modify its meta-data:

1. Right-click on the title in the title bar and select the parent folder.
  2. Cmd-I to Get Info.

Again though, I would not recommend altering its name until you close it, but comments, tags and the icon should be fine.