Document Title in Scrivening view?

Hi again all. Hopefully a newbie question. I think I saw this somewhere and set it but not sure…At the moment there is just a large gap between documents being combined in that view/mode. I want to see the document titles for each document in the Scrivening (??) view/mode. Is there a way to do this in the beta?

Hi 350MORE,

That option is found here:

View > Text Editing > Show Titles in Scrivenings

Hope this helps!

Thanks thePhilosoraptor! I found it and turned it on. (edit: did something silly but now it works!) Now I just need to find out how to get it those titles to show up when I compile it to a pdf. :slight_smile:

Thanks again for the help!

Not a problem!

To get them to show up in your pdf compile, make sure to “Assign Section Layouts” and choose one with a visible Section Title :slight_smile:

Will definitely check that out. Appreciate all the help- loving playing around with Scrivener but keep forgetting half of where I saw cool stuff to check out later. :laughing: :smiley:

BUT this option works only when at least two Scrivenings are shown combined.

what we would really need would be to show the Title also in the single scrivening View
is it a bug or a feature?

No, because if you only select one document you know which one you chose.

uhn… no, to see the title is always useful
try to go to fullscreen, for example

i think that this is a bug, not a feature

There is a difference between fullscreen mode and composition mode. In fullscreen you can block out everything except the title bar, but the Editor still looks the way it always looks. In composition mode you block out everything except the text to have as little distraction as possible. The reason you can have the scrivening titles in the text is because you might need to know when you move from one document to another as they are not necessarily adjacent in the binder (in case you have command-selected documents that are not).

It’s a feature, not a bug.