Double header problem

I’ve formatted several books in Scrivener before, but this time it keeps putting two chapter headings in when I compile. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong and I’ve tried everything I can think of. I can get my prologue to have Prologue on it, but it puts Chapter One on top of it. Can someone help me figure this out?

It would help to have a few specifics regarding your compile settings, as well as how you’ve structured your outline. There are so many different ways to do things. If you could just give us a screen capture of the Formatting compile option pane, and a description of what your binder looks like, that would help. For example, in the Draft folder I have a text document named “Prologue” followed by a series of folders named “Chapter n” with scene files inside of them.

Thanks for replying, Amber. I figured it out with the help of tech support. Now it’s not centering my scene breaks. They’re centered in the files, but not when I compile. It’s always something. Do you know anything about that?

Oh, well if you’re already talking with some via e-mail you might as well continue there. We’re all on the same team. Briefly, though, you need to click on the Options button in the Formatting compile option pane and let the compiler know that you want alignment to be preserved.

Thank you.