DOWNLOADING BETA VERSION FOR WINDOWS

Hello,

I’ve attempted twice now to download the Scrivener for Windows Beta software onto my computer – both with the same results (my computer runs Windows Vista):

1)Scrivener installation seems to go okay.
2)I click on FINISH to launch Scrivener.
3)A box appears saying there has been an error and the program will exit now.
4)Then I see that the Scrivener icon IS on my desktop. I click on it and the following box pops up:

“C:\Program Files\Scrivener\Scrivener.exe
The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail.”

Can anyone suggest what I may be doing wrong? I would like to blame this problem on the media’s over-hype of the upcoming Royal Wedding but somehow I feel that I am to blame.

Thanks muchly,

Wayne

Hi Wayne423,

I have never seen this sort of error before, so I did some Googling to see what a side-by-side configuration error was all about. This does not appear to be a Scrivener issue.

First of all I’d try downloading and installing the Microsoft 2008 C++ re-distributable and then try double clicking the Scrivener shortcut. You can download the file here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=9b2da534-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&displaylang=en

If this does not work, then you might wish to read this post and follow the four steps proposed by jhaglund:
vistax64.com/software/245768 … rrect.html

Let me know how you go - drop me an email: lee@literatureandlatte.com

Lee