Drag and Drop Oddity

I have searched the other posts… not finding anything quite like this…

I am unsure if I am doing something wrong or if this is a bug:

When I drag things around in the binder (reordering chapter folders, for example), if I do not drop/release at a certain “sweet spot” (hard to describe) in the place where I want to bring them, they become hidden from view in the binder. This is easily worked around by going to corkboard view, finding the card and then revealing. The item will be exactly where I wanted it to be. But… sometimes, when in full-dash mode, having things poof out on me get me hipmotized… :smiley:.

Is this a user error, or something else?

I am using:

The NaNo trial edition
Vista Home Premium, 32-bit,
Dell XPS 1530, Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM

Cheers,

Russ

When you drop an item onto another item, so that the blue oval appears (rather than just a line), you’re making the dropped document a subdocument of the folder or file you drop onto. After the drop, you’ll see a little triangle marker to the left of the document’s icon, and if you click that you can expand the view to show the item’s subdocuments and you can drag it back out if you want. (Right/Left Arrow keys will expand or collapse selected items in the binder, and you can also use Ctrl+Arrow to move documents around.)

Thanks. I’ll watch the lines and circles more closely - I think that’s what I’ve been missing.