Drag and Drop Scapple into Scrivener

I think there should be better scapple/scrivener integration. I don’t know how difficult this is to do on a programming level but I really think there should be a feature of being able to drag and drop from scapple (diagrams, mindsmaps, et al) directly into a page into scrivener. This just seems like a natural integration of the two softwares.

Also, why cant the ability to create mindmaps just be intergrated right into scrivener? Why does scapple have to be a separate program entirely? I’d like to have it all in one place if you ask me.

Here is the FAQ response to the request to merge Scapple and Scrivener into a single program.

On this matter, I don’t know what you are expecting to see here. What do you mean by dropping a Scapple board into a “page” (I’m assuming you mean in the text editor)? There is only one meaningful result I can think of in that case: an image, and it’s already easy to export an image/PDF and drop it into Scrivener, so I’m not sure if that is what you mean though.

I guess after reading that FAQ section I can see the issues in merging to the two apps.

Still, there’s something almost natural in wanting to take a sketch I made in scapple and just drag and drop it into scrivener and have the ability within scrivener to move individualized nodes/lines around if one needs to work around formatted text and such. This would go beyond saving the file as an image in Scapple and later inserting it as an image.