drag out a PDF copy

It would be tremendously helpful to be able to drag out a PDF stored in a Scrivener file onto the desktop, or into a file or email. It works so well for import - would it be very difficult to implement it for export as well?

I agree that this would be a convenient. (Though I suppose dragging to the desktop should just yield a copy of the pdf, though, not pull it out of Scriv.)

Currently, I accomplish the task by control-clicking the pdf in the binder, choosing Open in External Editor, then use Save As… from Adobe Acrobat. Shortest way I know.

–Greg

Or you could try an application like FinderPop. It lets you quickly navigate through packages such as application packages or .scriv files via contextual menu, grab things from inside, and copy/move them to other locations.

Rummaging around in the package would not work very well in this case, since all of the files associated with a project have only numerical file names (aka are for internal consumption only)–so you would be hard-pressed to know which pdf in there was which.

–Greg

Use File > Export. There are a lot of issues with dragging out of the app.
Best,
Keith