DropBox no longer works

Yeah, complete shut-off is dumb, in my opinion. I can see shutting off support and updates, but let the software already installed keep working.

But the thing is, from all I can tell about the progress of Photoshop, they have added no new features of any use to me at all. After they added the warp feature to Photoshop, there was nothing left to improve, imho.

I have many professional colleagues who complain about CC because of this - or because it runs worse than the previous standalone version.

So I guess I’m one of the frogs who climbed out of the pan before getting cooked! Lol!

Anyhow, it was fun using Scrivener, which is an excellent software for writing. I’ll have to see if Evernote can match it in ease of use.

It sounds that you’ve made up your mind. Earlier you said you were going to explore using iTunes File Sharing. I think that was introduced in iTunes 9. Regardless, iTunes 11.4 (and others) is available here for OS X 10.6:
support.apple.com/downloads/itunes
Good luck.

You only have to follow some of the threads in this forum to see the truth in that. :smiley:

I’m afraid I’m with PeterPenguin on this. I lost my Adobe web apps (Dreamweaver and Fireworks) when I moved to my new iMac (with Sierra). I was spitting nails. Especially when I saw the price of what Adobe* wanted to “upgrade” too (neither app has actually been upgraded since Adobe swallowed up Macromedia - they were just “Apple-ing” - that is, removing the competition). Although it had happened multiple times with my iphone (lost apps or functionality on “upgrade”) I somehow didn’t expect it with the full OS. I haven’t upgrade since and won’t. I do patch though.

Anyway, two years (and varying degrees of success with replacement apps) later, I discovered that you can buy the software outright (although, legally it’s kinda shaky - maybe) rather than “rent”. So I did. From a company that has many names but had excellent support and was super helpful - so not totally dodgy. So, PeterPenguin may be able to get a legal copy of Creative Suite to work on an updated machine after all (the software company will tell you) if he wanted to.

• Adobe and Apple are both on my list as now “more evil than Microsoft”. They make me Ragey McRageperson :slight_smile: