.DS_Store files in import?

I am a new user who just imported a bunch of files/folders into a new project.
In several folders there was a file named “.DS_Store”. What is this and can I delete it?
[As a hypothesis, I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I might have looked at some of these directories from a Windows 2000 virtual machine via Parallels ?]

thanks, and P.S. It would be nice if I could search for “.DS_Store” on this forum site,
but it keeps throwing away all of my query except for “store”!

P.P.S. when I select all the .DS_Store files that are found in my project (via search),
and then delete them via the corkboard view, only some of them wound up in the trash.
It seems the more deeply-imbedded-in-subfolders files did not get deleted (even tho they disappeared from the corkboard view upon my hitting the delete button, or selecting delete from the popup menu).

Is there a way to delete ALL the files found in a search?

Hi, to answer your questions:

1. .DS_STORE is a hidden file that appears in all OS X directories, so yes, you can safely delete it. In Scrivener 2.0 I make Scrivener weed out this file on import, so that it will no longer get imported at all.

2. If you select multiple items in the binder or search list, the corkboard just shows an arbitrary selection and delete only moves the cards from the view rather from the binder. (This is changing with 2.0.) This is different to when you view the contents of the folder on a corkboard. You should be able to select them in the search table on the left and delete them there rather than via the corkboard, though.

Hope that helps.

All the best,
Keith