Empty "Open Recent" Menu

Hello all! I’ve been using Scrivener for about 5 months now and have a fair amount of projects on it, but recently, my “Open Recent” menu only says “Clear Menu” instead of listing my projects. The same is happening when I try File > Recent Projects. Attached are two screenshots. Any advice on how to fix this?

Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 11.34.11 PM.png

This is controlled by OS X, not by Scrivener.

Open System Preferences, General, at the lower part you have ‘Recent items’. Check if you suddenly have zero there.

Yes, I agree with lunk. There was a time, a year or two back on Mavericks or Yosemite, when this dialogue seemed to switch itself spontaneously back to “None”, or seemed to assume it was stuck on “None” when it wasn’t. It happened to me. What was needed to unstick it was to switch it to “None”, and then choose the number you wanted, and switch it back. At least, that worked for me.

And don’t forget “cleaning” software like Onyx and many others can delete this data. I have a friend who is a bit OCD and was using Onyx every week and wondered why there was no history!!! :laughing: