Endnotes lose spaces when compiled

In Scrivener for Windows 1.0.0, when I compile Endnotes into Word, spaces are lost. This seems to occur primarily before and after a word or words in italics. Here’s an example:

Patricia Ann Palmieri,In Adamless Eden: The Community of Women Faculty at Wellesley(New Haven, Connecticut: Yale University Press, 1995), xix.

I have checked the inline footnotes in Scrivener, and the entries are typed with the correct spacing. I have also noticed that the note number appears in italics if the note text begins with an italicized word. Since by definition many words in notes will be italicized, this means that I have to check the Endnotes carefully and add many spaces manually in Word.

I did not see this mentioned in the description of the fixes in the most recent update, so I hope this bug can be fixed in a subsequent one. Let me add that I do find Scrivener a very helpful writing tool. Barbara

Thanks for the catch; I’ve reproduced this and have it on the fix list!

I’m trialling Scrivener for Windows 1.0.3 and have run into much the same problem as the original poster. Inline footnotes, compiled to .rtf format, opened in Word 2010 and saved as a Word document (as recommended on this forum) have lost the spaces on either side of words or phrases in italics when displayed as footnotes. This makes the program virtually unusable for me as I’m producing a thesis with hundreds of bibliographic citations, all of which use italics for the book or journal title.

Please could you tell me if this will be fixed. Until I found this problem, I was so excited about the potential of Scrivener to help me with this daunting task!

Thanks

Ruth