Er, Issues with Outliner?

Hey! I’m using the Beta .35 on my Windows 7 64-bit laptop, and I just ran into an issue… or, I think I have. It could just be me being stupid. I don’t really know.

Anyway, I was setting up a project for use in NaNoWriMo once it starts, and I started trying to personalize the Outliner. For the last few beta releases at least, the only few columns that were there were the file/folder name, the label, the status, and the description. I searched for about 5 minutes trying to find the menu to add different columns such as Word Count and Progress. Once I found it, I clicked for it to appear and… nothing. The new columns aren’t showing up, even when I add text, change a label, or put in a status. On the side-menu, it shows check marks next to the columns I meant to be there, but they aren’t there.

Am I stupid, or is this a bug? Either answer is okay - I’m only nitpicking until NaNo starts. :mrgreen:

EDIT: Also, if necessary, I have a screenshot if it helps any.

You can attach that screenshot to your post. There is a tab below the Save/Preview/Submit buttons for uploading attachments if you need us to host it.

You need to scroll to the right in the outliner to see them–they are being added, but they get added out of the visible area and the editor isn’t yet automatically scrolling to the right to display them as it should do. Once you’ve scrolled over to see them, you can adjust the width of the columns by dragging the splitters in the header bar.

Oh, I see now. Thanks! I guess that’s what I get for playing around on my computer at two in the morning, lol. :wink:

Don’t feel bad, because I did the same thing a few days ago :stuck_out_tongue:

Heh. Well, like I said, it ought to scroll over automatically so you can see what you just did. And even knowing this is how it’s working, I still occasionally add columns and then wonder where they went. :wink: