Erased files

I had four chapters of novel entered into Scrivener and index cards for each chapter and now all the cards have vanished and so have three of the chapters. I’ve checked the trash can and found one of the chapters but the cards are all gone. I worked through the tutorial but obviously I have no idea what I’m doing. Any suggestions?

Is it possible that you have “collapsed” a folder in the binder and hidden them?

Try clicking on the “Manuscript” or “Draft” folder at the top of the binder, and then switch to Scrivenings view. (Scrivenings view is the one where you can actually edit all the text in the files rather than see the outliner or index cards). If you aren’t already in Scrivenings view you can get there by pressing Ctrl-1

Then scroll down and see if your text is still in there somewhere.
Alternatively, user the search bar at the top right of the screen to search for a phrase you know should be in one of the missing sections.
If the missing text appears, click on it in the editor and then press Ctrl+Shift+8 and it will show you the position of this file in the Binder.

If you still can’t find them, post back and we’ll try something else!