Error reading project after udpate

Just updated.

Now I have this error coming up when opening my project.

Error Reading Project
Error: Error Reading Template Info: Line:1 Column:2 Error:1

I never had this error before. I used the standard template for fiction to set up last November (NANOWRIMO entrant)

I use Windows 7
use Microsoft Office Word 7
What else do you need to know?

Would it be possible to send a zipped copy of this project to our support email (windows.support@literatureandlatte.com) for testing? Just use the File/Back Up/Back Up To… command to create a zip compressed copy.

The error check is relatively new, so you wouldn’t have seen it in an earlier version. This isn’t anything to worry about, as the file in question isn’t a necessary part of the project–it’s just an XML file that is used to auto-populate the template info if you use Save As Template from the project.

You should be able to fix the problem by going into the project’s .scriv folder when the project is closed in Scrivener and in the Settings folder, deleting the “templateinfo.xml” file.

Can do both - thanks for the quick replies.

Will action when in front of my comp’ tomorrow and let you know if any more issues.

I have this exact same error when opening existing projects with the 1.7.1 update. Same Win7 setup as the user who began this thread.

Were they all created from the same project template? If you haven’t already followed the steps above to resolve the issue, you could send a screenshot of the error message and one of the templateinfo.xml files indicated to windows.support AT literatureandlatte DOT com. (Then go ahead and delete the files from the projects as indicated to carry on without the error message appearing.)