I’m fairly new to Scrivener, but I didn’t find any answers to this using the search option here.
I have a project that won’t export (draft). Whenever I try, Scrivener hangs, and has to be force-quit. I can export the tutorial that came with Scrivener just fine, so I expect there is something in my project that is causing the problem.
This problem happens when trying to export the entire draft, or just certain sections.
My project isn’t huge, ~23,000 words, and it should all be text. The info under “Research” is also all text. Most of this data was imported from .rtf files created in NeoOffice.
I tried waiting overnight to see if it was just slow, but it was still hung in the morning. Scrivener has NOT created a crashlog. Everything else seems to be working perfectly (and wonderfully, wow, what a great program!)
The only non-standard things I can think of are these: 1) I installed it into a folder under Applications, and 2) I renamed the topl-evel “Draft” name to my project name. I changed it back to “Draft” after seeing this issue, but alas, the fix wasn’t so simple.
Scrivener v. 1.0.3, bought just a few weeks ago.
OSX 10.4.9, fully patched, on PPC chip.
I’m pretty computer-savvy, and am happy to trouble-shoot (via here, IM [AIM: a l l o c h t h o n 2] or e-mail). And I would be happy to send the file to someone for testing. I’d rather not re-import, but I can copy/paste it all out and back in if necessary.