Export from Scrivener 3 to Scrivener 2.5

Hi all,

out of morbid curiosity and a gift from a friend I’m now a proud owner of a 2002 iMac G4 15". Surprisingly, it still works. Installed OS X 10.4.11, and just for fun Scrivener 2.5 (which only runs for 30 days due to online-licensing but that’s fine). Exporting a project from Scrivener gets me an error, and I hope that’s mostly due to changes in the XML, which I hope could simply write a script to deal with that. Before I start, however, I’d hope someone could tell me if there were some more fundamental changes to the project files which might prevent me from doing a couple of weeks of retro-writing?

1. Does you older-machine installation of Scrivener work otherwise?

2. Is the error you are getting kicking up when you do the exporting (on your newer machine, exporting from 3.x to 2.5 project format), or are you seeing the error when you try to open that back-converted project on the older machine?

3. Also, what is the error? This is essential to diagnosing your trouble. What does the error notice say?

4. It might also be useful to know how you are getting the project file from the one machine to another. You might be having a transport (or cloud-sync) problem rather than an export problem.