Export inline annotations for Harvard style referencing

Hi guys,

I’m attempting to write an academic paper, and to be neat, I’m storing citations as inspector footnotes (see Figure 1A). I’m familiar with the RTF-ODF scan method, but the problem is that the references are still stored in the numerical format (e.g. [1], [2], ala IEE or Nature style) as shown in Figure 1B. To circumvent this, I then tried converting the inspector footnotes into inline annotations, but the references are now turning up as comments on the .odt file (see Figure 1C).

The only solution I’ve found is to take the inline annotations -> paste it into another file and strip it of its formatting ( Figure 2A). Only then does the reference appear in the (Author-Date, e.g. Harvard or Chicago) style directly within the text (Figure 2B). I’m reluctant to do this as I’m don’t want to lose my formatting, and my figures are not transferred as well. Does anyone have a workaround this? I like the footnote conversion features as it maintains flexibility while writing. Is there a way to export the inline annotations directly as inline texts and not comments (as shown in Figure 1C) or is this a bug that’s yet to be ironed out in the Scrivener 3.0 yet? Would greatly appreciate anyone’s help

Many thanks.