Export Research Folder To Curio

I have a large number of research folders and documents in Scrivener that I would like to move over to Curio 9.

Does anyone have any suggestions of the best method to do this so as to preserve as much of the structure and metadata from Scrivener as possible?

I’ve searched this forum as well as the Zengobi user forums and have not seen this issue addressed.

Thanks for your help.

From Scrivener’s side, the File/Export/Files… feature will be best for this I think. You’ll be given a number of options for exporting additional meta-data and notes. These will be exported into files, using a folder hierarchy that resembles what you have in Scrivener.

As for Curio, I’m not sure what the best approach is for importing a batch of files at once, since it doesn’t really deal in “files” directly, from what I see. When I try to import a folder of files, I just a get a folder. So you might need to check up on their forum to see what the best tactic is for getting a bunch of nested material in is.

Thank you for your reply. I’ve done just as you suggested. The problem at this point, as you’ve suggested, is on the Curio import side. I have posted this question on the Zengobi forum.

I thought of using Curio because my Scrivener file gets highjacked for a few seconds if ever I click on the research folder in “Scrivenings” mode. I’d like to keep my actual “writing” file clean and small and leave all the graphics overhead in Curio. At this point, I may just soldier on with my research attached to my writing. It’s becoming a distraction.

Thanks again.

Have you considered using Scrivener’s References functionality, or its ability to hold aliases in the Research folder?

I had a similar problem. I had the draft of my book in the same Scrivener project with an ever-increasing amount of reference materials, both jpegs and PDFs. I ended up moving the draft to another project, but keeping the reference material in Scrivener. That solved any slowdown problems. It also means my draft project is relatively small, so I can backup to a zip files automatically when I close the file without tt taking all day.

I now have my draft in one project and use several other Scrivener projects for research materials from various sources.

–Simon