Export to A4

Maybe I’m dumb, but I can’t find a way to export from Scrivener to an A4 page size – it seems to always defult to US Letter.

I move my work between a laptop and OpenOffice and my desktop and Scrivener a lot. It’s not a big deal, but when I need to print from my laptop i always need to change pages size from US Letter to A4.

BTW I realise I can compile to A4, but I want to export :slight_smile:

Thanks

Hi,

The same as in every other program on OS X, use File > Page Setup to change the settings to A4. I agree that it’s annoying that OS X always defaults to Letter - I’m English myself.

All the best,
Keith

Thanks Keith

My issue is not with the Mac and A4. It’s when I export from my Mac as odt (OpenOffice) then those exported files end up as US letter and so every time I do this I need to change them once again to A4 on my Linux laptop. :slight_smile:

Ah, I think that is just because Scrivener doesn’t give the ODT export any details about page settings etc (or any other format for that matter) - this is addressed in 2.0, where any format that supports it (including ODT) is passed the current page settings, so Open Office exports should respect the A4 settings in 2.0 even though they don’t in 1.x.

All the best,
Keith

Thanks Keith

Good reason to upgrade.

Any chance of a Linux version in the future??? :smiley:

Update: Page size info seems to be retained in RTF and Doc exports.

John