export with original creation date

I think I’ve done it already, but cannot find my way again: how I can export many documents preserving their creation date?

The only way I could find is to export the metadata in a diferent file…

thanks a lot

roberto

You can’t preserve the creation date because the exported files are created at the time they are exported.
All the best,
Keith

There must be some way to do this. With Path Finder you can manually set the time and date for both modification and creation date.

There may be some way of doing it, but Scrivener doesn’t. :slight_smile: And it is such a low priority that it is unlikely to happen in the near future, if ever - sorry. :frowning:
Best,
Keith

For setting the creation date and/or time of a folder and all of its contents to a specified date and time I use a little donationware, Miana:

versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/26900

very handy
jean-louis

keith

let me explain why it’s important for me the creation date. I use many diferent applications: devon to store webarchives, final draft for a script in production, word and sente for academic writing, Jourlner for notes and to archive every thing I wrote, Omnioutliner/Ominigraffle for brainstorming, and Scrivener for creative wrinting. To maintain the metadata from an application to the other helps a lot with the workflow.

That’s why I would like very much to have OPML import and export in Scrivener!

So, maybe you can put this somewhere in your priorities?

just to make a great product even better.

tks

roberto

keith

let me explain why it’s important for me the creation date. I use many diferent applications: devon to store webarchives, final draft for a script in production, word and sente for academic writing, Jourlner for notes and to archive every thing I wrote, Omnioutliner/Ominigraffle for brainstorming, and Scrivener for creative wrinting. To maintain the metadata from an application to the other helps a lot with the workflow.

That’s why I would like very much to have OPML import and export in Scrivener!

So, maybe you can put this somewhere in your priorities?

just to make a great product even better.

tks

roberto