Exporting Notecards?

How can I export my notecards to other programs such as OneNote so that I can make it into an outline without having to copy and paste each one (there are a lot of cards)?

When you say “notecards” do you mean that literally, in that you want to export what can be seen using the Corkboard view: thus, the Title and Synopsis—but not its main text and document notes? There are many ways to export bulk information out of Scrivener, and some are better suited than others depending one what you are looking for.

Yes that is what I am talking about.

Okay, the best option is to use the Compiler for this. Select “Outliner” from the Format As drop-down menu and RTF as the output format. This can then be copied and pasted into a OneNote tab. As far as I know there isn’t a good way to import the text of a document into OneNote as text, rather than a link or a picture of the text, but I’m not expert, you may know of a better way. It seems just opening the compiled RTF in Word (or dropping it back into Scrivener) and copy and paste is best.

Note that you may want to click the blue arrow in the Compile window to expand all options, click on Formatting, click the Options button, and disable “Insert subtitles between text elements”.

Is there a way of exporting Title and Synopsis, and also Document Notes and Label? (but not the main text).

Yes (although label falls under “Meta-Data” which includes other details), go into the Formatting compile option pane and note the rows of checkboxes. To export everything, just click everything except for the “Text” column. You can selectively export by icon type and depth, but for most purposes just setting the three default rows will be enough.