Exporting scenes

Hi there.

Got a question about scenes.

I have arranged my book along the following lines

[b]
Chapter 1 - document (empty apart from title, complete chapter synopsis and keywords)
Scene 1
Scene 2
Scene 3

Chapter 2 - document (empty apart from title, complete chapter synopsis and keywords)
Scene 1
Scene 2
Scene 3

[/b]

No problem.

Ok, if I export it, I can get a # symbol to separate the scenes, but I also have a # below the title (from the chapter document) for the first scene, so I get:

[b]
chapter one - it was a dark and stormy sausage

scene 1 text goes in here. blah blah blah

scene 2 text goes in here. blah blah blah

scene 3 text goes in here. blah blah blah
[/b]

What I’m trying to do, is figure out how to get rid of that first # in the export.

Turn those title containing chapter documents into Folders (Documents/Convert to Folder). You could even put the title as the name of the folder, and then have the exporter set up to export title but not text for folder types. But if you like it in the content area (for Edit Scrivenings purposes), that works just as well. Section markers should not be placed after a folder type.

By the way, if you start using folders a lot, make sure to keep the “Include in Export” flag checked. It is off by default on folders, and if you are using them for chapter containers you want them to export.

Thanks, AmberV, for fielding this one. Yes, folders are exactly what you need for this. That is one of the differences between folders and text files.
Best,
Keith

Sounds like another usage scenario for the FAQ.

Thanks, Ahab. I’ve been thinking of putting together an answer regarding the difference between documents and folders, anyway. This would fit into that as a side comment on export differences.

[size=200]GENIUS!!![/size]

Thanks everybody!

I thought that flag had been turned on by default in the newest beta. At least, I’ve unchecked a lot of those things during the course of NaNo!

Nope, it’s still off by default for groups, on by default for text files…