Exporting scrivner folder as scrivner, is there a way to do it?

Hello,

I’m really getting on with Scrivner 3 for windows and have almost found my own way of using it, but I have a couple of questions which puzzle me, I hope someone can help?

One:
I have been coming up with story outlines using scrivener, and create many one page ideas in the same project. Some progress and others don’t you know how it is?

With some, I use the corkboard and play with the outline till I’m happy and make notes of specific content and ideas. Then when they reach a point where they are ready to be written, I want to export them to their own scrivener file. Is there a way of doing this?

Second question:
When I am ready to compile my document, is there a way of previewing it before I can do so? I can see this facility in the Mac version, but not the windows. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks for your help.

Kevin

To split part of a project off to a new one, create the new project, then drag and drop whatever materials you want.

Hi Kewms,

Thank you for your support and reply. However, I probably didn’t explain myself correctly.
My ideas project has forty or fifty one-page ideas within it. When one unfolds and captures my imagination I need to put it into a project of its own where I can turn it into a finished manuscript. The outline has already had life breathed into it, and what I would like to do is to export it so it’s now in a new Scrivner file or project all of its own.

I hope that explains better what I’m trying to achieve, and that there is a way of achieving this?

Once again, thank you for your help!

As I said, create the new project and then drag and drop the relevant documents from the old one.

Okay, I’ll try that now.

Thank you, that worked.

1 Like