Exporting tables from Scrivener into Pages - help!

Has anyone figured out how to export Scrivener (1.11b3) documents containing tables in a way that they can be imported into Pages’08?

I realise this is probably more of a Pages problem than a Scrivener one but thought someone here might have solved the same problem.

Exporting either RTF or RTFD for me produces a files that opens OK (i.e. with table formatting preserved) in TextEdit but opens in Pages with tables converted to plain text.

So I experimented by creating a table directly in TextEdit, and lo and behold, Pages turns it into plain text on import. So Apple’s own programs aren’t compatible.

The only way I found to do it so far was to export as RTF, open this in MS Word, save it as a Word .doc file, then import that into Pages. If there’s a better way I’d love to know it!

Using 10.5 if that makes any difference.

Unfortunately, as you have noted, this is a Pages problem. And it is incredibly stupid on Apple’s part, if you ask me. They introduced tables into TextEdit and the OS X text system in Tiger. These tables successfully export to RTF and MS Word (.doc) format, and can be imported from RTF and Word. But… they don’t work in Pages! So yes, you are right - Apple’s main word processor, Pages, isn’t actually compatible with Apple’s own text system. Even worse, whilst Apple provide developers with converters that allow us to save rich text to RTF, RTFD, DOC, HTML, Webarchive and other formats… they don’t provide a converter to save to Pages format. :unamused:

Sorry… This wasn’t very helpful, but as a developer I can only mirror your frustration.

All the best,
Keith